6. Suppose you make an investment in Stock ABC, and over the next six months, ABC appreciates by your target of 15 percent. You contemplate selling but then come across an item in the Financial Times that rehashes the company’s recent successes and also sparks new optimism. You wonder whether ABC could climb even higher. Which answer describes your likeliest response given ABC’s recent performance and the FT article?
7. How easy do you think it was to predict the collapse of the housing market in the United States in 2007–2008?
8. How would you characterize your retirement savings patterns?
9. Suppose you own a five-bedroom house and have decided it is time to “downsize” to a smaller house. You are not in a rush to sell your house, but taxes and general expenses on your home are significant and you want to sell it as soon as possible. Your real estate agent, who you have known for many years and trust, lists your home for sale at $500,000. You only paid $125,000 for the house 10 years ago, so you are thrilled. The house has been on the market for several months, and you have not had any serious offers. One day, you get a phone call from your agent saying he needs to come over right away. When he arrives, he tells you that Books-Direct, a major employer in town, just declared bankruptcy and 1,000 people are out of work. He has been in meetings all week with his colleagues, and they estimate that real estate prices are down about 10 percent across all types of homes in your area. He says that you must decide at what price you now want to list your home based on this new information. You tell him that you will think it over and get back to him shortly. Please select one of the following that would be your answer:
10. How do you tend to think about your money?
11.Suppose you are presented with the following investment choices. Please choose between the following two outcomes:
12.You are then asked to choose between the following two outcomes:
13. What are your top 5 favorite brands?
14. What are 5 countries or regions you are interested in?
15. What are 3 causes you are passionate about?
16. What are 3 technologies you are interested in?
17. What are 3 academic subjects you are interested in or studied?